U-M Box is provided to current students, faculty, staff, and sponsored affiliates. Employees whose U-M employment ends lose access. If you are to lose access, you will receive an email notice 30 days before your access will end. This document explains what steps to take before someone leaves the university and loses access to their U-M Box account.
@umich.edu email addresses can not be used to create new personal Box accounts . They can only be used for U-M Box accounts.
Note: U-M Box accounts remain intact for emeritus/emerita faculty who retain all standard computing services. For details, see 19.K Emeritus/Emerita Status in the U-M Faculty Handbook.
For more detailed information on on what happens when someone leaves U-M, see:
- After You Leave U-M: Your U-M Account and Computing Services.
- Faculty & Staff Who Retire: Your U-M Account and Computing Services After You Retire.
- Managing Your Digital Files and Information When You Leave U-M
- Move folders containing U-M data into a folder owned by a Shared Account.
- Download personal files.
- Change ownership of folders containing personal data to a personal Box account - for accounts under 10GB and with no files over 250MB.
Use Shared Accounts
To ensure that team members continue to have access to team files, even if team members change, use a Shared Account. Files and folders owned by a shared account are not linked to specific individuals and access is easily managed.
Departments and Organizations
Access to important files could be lost when people leave the university. By following these recommended roll-off procedures, you retain access to shared files, folders and accounts.
- Store U-M data in a shared account.
- Monitor file permissions and remove access when no longer needed.
- Follow sensitive data storage guidelines.
The person leaving U-M should follow this two-step roll-off procedure:
- Change the ownership of folders they own containing U-M data to a U-M Box shared account.
- Remove their access to shared files, folders and accounts.
Involve the ITS User Advocate as soon as possible.
With User Advocate involvement, U-M Box Administrators can assist in:
- Preserving the contents of an account
- Moving U-M Box files and folders from one account to another
- Inactivate the U-M Box account access sooner than the automated process
Note: Download university data from the person’s account if time is critical.