There are several ways to provide links for students in your Canvas course.
Put links directly into Announcements, Assignments, Quizzes, Discussions or Pages
For external sites, use the link icon in the editor
Example: Image link example (click it):
How to: To create an image or text link, select the image or textand then click the link icon in the rich texteditor.
To link to content within the course site, use the Insert Content panel to the right of the editor
How to: When you create a new page, assignment, announcement, etc., the editor will open. To the right of the editor window you will see the Insert Content panel.
Place your cursor where you want a link to appear or select text or an image. Then click Links or Files and choose the item you want to link. Click Images to choose an image to insert.
Put an external or internal link in a Module
- To the right of a module name, click the plus + button.
- In the Add drop-down menu:
- To link to an external website, choose External URL.
- To link to an item within the course site, choose a category from the drop-down menu and then choose the specific item.
- Click Add Item.
Use the Redirect tool to add an external link to the left-hand navigation
The Redirect tool is similar to the Web Content tool in CTools.
- 1. Click Settings in the left-hand navigation, select Apps, and then locate the Redirect tool:
- Click to open the Redirect tool and click the Add App button:
- In the Add App box that opens
- Enter a name for the web resource, which appear in the left-hand course navigation menu.
- Enter the URL of the website or webpage.
- If desired, check Force open in new tab (if unchecked, the website will display within the Canvas site rather than its own browser tab).
- Check Show in Course Navigation.
- Click Add App.
- To see the new web resource link in the left-hand course navigation, refresh the page.
Create a text document containing a list of relevant links and upload it to the Files tool
This could be either a Word doc, PDF or any other text document.
Learn about uploading a file to a course.