These instructions explain how to connect Android to the ITS Exchange service. Versions of Android may look different, but the configuration information should be the same. For example, "Uniqname" and "Domain" may be in separate fields and you may not have to enter a bad password.
Note To set up an Android device with
- Go to Settings
- Tap Add Account
- Select Corporate (or Exchange Activesync)
- Type in the following:
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Password: put in a bad password (this brings up a manual setup screen)
- In the manual setup screen, type in:
- Domain\Username: umroot\uniqname
- Password: your UMICH password
- Server: exchange.umich.edu
It will then check the server settings and will tell you that the Exchange server is going to control your device and will prompt you to setup a device password.
- Verified on Android 4.0.4 (Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus)
- Verified on Android 4.3 (Nexus 4)