Connect to MiApps
From your MiWorkspace desktop, navigate to:
- Windows 7: Start > All Programs > MiApps
- Windows 8.1: Start > Apps > MiApps
- Mac: Finder > Applications > AccessPad
- Log in using your uniqname and UMICH password.
A list populates with the programs you have access to. Click the desired program to open, edit, and save your program files in your home directory or departmental shared drives.
Note It may take up to a minute for the application to fully load.
Non-MiWorkspace Mobile Devices
- From your mobile device, navigate to the Play Store (Android) or the App Store (Apple).
Search for Ericom. The application is titled:
- Play Store: ToGo RDP/Remote Desktop Connection
- App Store: AccessToGo Remote Desktop/RDP Client
- If this is your first time using MiApps from this mobile device, you must set up a new connection. Tap the New Connection button at the bottom left of the screen. If this is not your first time connecting from this mobile device, skip to step 7.
- Select PowerTerm WebConnect (VDI/TS) from the Create New Connection pop-up box.
Enter the following information in the appropriate fields.
- Connection Name: MiApps
- Server: miapps.it.umich.edu
- User Name: uniqname
- Password: password
- Desktop Size: Automatic
- Tap Test Connection. If the connection is successful, tap OK and the program will return to the home screen.
- From the AccessToGo home screen, click MiApps.
- Once connected, a list populates with all the programs that your Active Directory group has access to. Open any application by tapping on it.
Managing Files in MiApps Applications
From Your Work Environment
Each department has different mappings of their network drives. If you are unsure where to open or save files from your particular mapping, please contact the ITS Service Center.
From Your Home Device
An application running from MiApps allows files to be opened and/or saved to the device you are working from in addition to the mapped network drive. In order to manage files from the device you are working on, follow these steps:
- From the browse files window, click on or expand Computer.
Under Other, double-click on the drive you wish to save to your home device. Often times this is the C:/ drive.
Note This is the only way to modify files to and from the machine you are currently working on. If you click on any of the other options in the menu on the left side, it will be saved to the server and not your working computer.
- Choose the path you wish to open from or save to. For example, if you wanted to save to your Desktop, the path would likely be C:/Users/YOUS_USER_NAME/Desktop.
Printing Files from a MiApps Application
- Open the desired MiApps application and select the file you wish to print.
If you have a local printer installed to your machine, you may print just as you normally would.
- If you do not have a printer installed, choose Follow Me printing by going to File > Print and selecting the m-follow-me print option.
- Follow Me allows you to release your document from MiWorkspace multi-function printers on campus by swiping your Mcard or entering your uniqname and UMICH password on the keypad.
Install MiApps on a Non-MiWorkspace Computer
We recognize that some MiWorkspace customers may want to access MiApps from a personal, non-MiWorkspace computer.